Thursday, 7 August 2014

Smashbox Full Exposure Palette

Hey Guys!

If you have seen my newest video on Youtube, then you will know that I got the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette from my cousin. As the reviews I have read on the palette are very mixed, I thought I would add my two cents! Here's what you need to know:


Packaging// Very sleek with holographic writing on the black palette. It is slightly rubberized, similar to the NARS packaging, which means it does attract dirt, but that doesn't bother me personally. You get a decent sized mirror and the eyeshadows are in square pans which are easy to access.


Colour Pay- Off// This is one of the more controversial things about this palette as some find that it doesn't live up to expectations. As the palette has been out for a while, I'd had a chance to read reviews so my expectations were quite low, meaning that I was pleasantly surprised! The palette is quite pigmented, though with not as much pigmentation as the UD Naked palettes. The shimmer shades have slightly better color pay-off than the mattes.




Longetivity// Again something that differs on different people, some people found that the colors creased after a while. I don't have oily lids, so this wasn't a problem with this palette. The shimmers tend to hang around a little longer than the mattes though, but with a good primer, this isn't an issue.


Extras// Full Exposure Mascara: Not my favorite mascara of all time, but I will use it up as it provides a bit of length and a hint of volume, great for those days were you only need a slick of mascara.
Double Ended Brush: I haven't tried this yet, but it is very soft, and I have read that it is one of the best 'bonus brushes' out there. This is no plastic sponge applicator!


So these are my views on the Smashbox Full Exposure palette. I hope this was of use to you, and please stay tuned for more videos and blog posts!

xoxo, Emma




2 comments:

  1. This palette is so pretty. Pity the glitter shadows don't last as long as the mattes.x lashingsofmascaraon.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so many mixed reviews of this - I guess a lot of people compare it to the Naked palettes and are disappointed by this one because Urban Decays formula and pigmentation is pretty hard to beat x

    daisy-drops

    ReplyDelete